8.15.2007

Mistaken Identity

The band Over the Rhine’s recent release “The Trumpet Child” was recommended to me as a "Christian Music". Having listened to the album, read their bios and carefully considering why I take music recommendations from people that are clearly unaware of what "Christian Music" implies, I'm thinking my audio pusher may be off base.


Let's focus on positives:The title track is interesting and it does evoke the image of Christ's return (albeit using a trumpet with Gabriel’s power and Satchmo’s grace.)


I absolutely love the track "Let's Spend the Day in Bed". Being a married guy, it's gone a long way to help my wife understand why it's really alright to sometimes retreat and seemingly do nothing.
Glad it was sent my way. There's a long history to this critically acclaimed band. Take a look if you have the time or inclination.

No comments: