1. You Are So Beautiful
2. Together As One
3. She's Got A Way
4. All Of Me
5. Without you
6. First Love
7. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
9. The Rose
10. My Love, My Life, My Flame
11. Color My World
I'm not a fan of the New Year Resolution. I'm all for goal setting. New Year Resolutions are just another example of ritual getting in the way of authenticity. In the interest of being authentic, I feel the need to disclose a goal that I set for myself last week. Not a resolution, but a "I want to do this for me. I believe, if I spend the time and energy to accomplish this goal, I will find the end result rewarding."
I am working to memorize the lyrics to "Numb" by Family Force 5 and perfecting a few old school breakdancing moves (downrock/footwork and freezes mainly). When I've completed the goal, I will be able to break out at any moment, giving an accurate and entertaining rendition of the song.
For those of you unfamiliar with the song, you may listen here. You may wish to see expert cellphone footage of Family Force 5 rockin' it live. Xanadu's footwork is admirable. My moves will be much sweeter.
Cllick to print your full size sign now!
I'm replacing my favorite pair of Converse. They have, sadly, torn (twice) beyond repair and I can no longer wear them without conveying the idea that I am unable to afford to buy new shoes. 20 years ago I would have duct taped them and gone on until the soles fell off and then applied more duct tape. If you'd like to track the progress of my new converse to my front door, click on the image of the enroute shoe. I'll feel better once I know they have made it safely out of New Jersey.
10. The Son of Man will work wonders even greater than those posted on YouTube.
9. God’s Anointed shall prefer a lunch of peanut butter and jelly and cottage cheese.
8. They will celebrate his birth each year with the giving of the latest gadgets and fashions.
7. His people shall be known by the plastic fish they stick to their cars.
6. A bunny shall deliver the good news of the Messiah’s resurrection.
5. And caring enough to send the very best, God shall use Hallmark.
4. And when he speaks, his words shall appear in red.
3. A star shall appear to indicate that the congregation will please stand.
2. Animals will surround him at his birth, and he shall sleep securely with the reindeer’s nose as his night light.
1. The Messiah’s birth shall be foretold by a stout, white-bearded man in a red suit, riding a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.