4.10.2008

U2 and Coldplay...what about Everclear?

Todd often speaks of worship theories in terms of U2 and Coldplay.

In case you missed it in last weeks Seattle Post Intelligencer:

The Portland grunge-pop band Everclear is set to play a benefit show at Mars Hill Church's downtown campus, former site of Tabella Lounge, on Saturday, April 5, at 7 p.m. The all-ages show costs $15 through TicketWeb and will benefit New Horizons Ministries.
I could be wrong, but I bet Art Alexakis and company will skip playing their breakout hit
"Heroin Girl" (the chorus ended with, ". . . I'm happy in hell with my heroin girl"). This show is one of only two the band will play before releasing "The Las Vegas Years," an all-covers album out on Capitol on April 15.

3 comments:

Romack said...

Nice find. Very interesting.

I haven't ever liked Everclear - songs are just too annoying for my taste.

adrienne. said...

'Glorious' by Everclear is one of my favorite songs!

Take it back!

Anonymous said...

We have great coffee aand music. The trade off is our weather.