11.22.2007

NYWC Sunday

Starting to feel fully saturated. Today, the plan was to back off the practical and focus on the spiritual.

10 am: Worship with Jeff Johnson (not the Glorious Day Jeff Johnson), David Crowder and Doug Fields. Amazing! All of it. Fields talked about "ministry envy". A fantastic wake up for so many. It's sad how we often allow ourselves to disconnect from other parts of the "body".
Noon: Skipped lunch and back in to the exhibit hall. Exhibitors will be packing up. I've learned from experience that the last day or the last convention is great for swag. I scored some more t-shirts and won 30 Cd's.
1:30 pm: Session on Living, Loving, Leading in the Way of Jesus. Chris Folmsbee laid out theoretical frame work for drawing oneself into Christ's image. Chris is e-mailing me his notes and PowerPoint. I'll post them when they arrive.
5 pm: Dinner with an eclectic group. Turkey and dressing at Ted's Montana Grill...you gotta go. One of the group was a potential summer intern from Boston. Man, talk about culture shock!

8 pm: Skit Guys, Bob Stromberg, Steve Fee, Leeland, Marquis Laughlin
10:15 pm Met with another potential intern (also from Boston...odd)

So, Monday we drove home. Tuesday went into the office and got nothing accomplished but reconnect with staff (who know I was so needed?). Wednesday still trying to dig myself out of all of the stuff I brought back from NYWC.

WHAT I DIDN"T DO IN ATLANTA THAT I WOULD HAVE IF I HAD THE TIME:
Thursday: Family Force 5 at the Roxy Theater with Johnzetta DANCE Rawr DANCETour
Friday: David Crowder Band at the Tabernacle
Saturday: The Police Reunion Tour at Philips Arena
Sunday: Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay in the Georgia Dome



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boston?! Tell me more!